Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird Idle Issue after WOT?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 11:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Weird Idle Issue after WOT?

For some reason, most of the time (pretty much all the time) after I hit it WOT through a couple of gears, the idle will all of the sudden raise itself from 950ish to like 1200 - 1400 while in gear or 1500 - 1600 while in neutral. It'll stay that way till I shut the car off. What can I do, or what haven't I done to get this to stop? Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 08-07-2005, 11:56 PM
Restricted User

I have only had this happen a couple times.
Once it was the Cruise Control binding up, took me a couple hours to figure that one out. Then the last time, my buddy unclipped the throttle cable and it wouldnt shut the TB all the way, but that wasnt after WOT. Try pulling your IAC motor out and cleaning it off, as I am thinking about it, that was a cause a couple times, but not as bad as you describe. Two torks bits, wipe it off with soft lint free cloth, clean inside the bore as well.

Charlie
Old 08-08-2005, 07:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by CAT3
I have only had this happen a couple times.
Once it was the Cruise Control binding up, took me a couple hours to figure that one out. Then the last time, my buddy unclipped the throttle cable and it wouldnt shut the TB all the way, but that wasnt after WOT. Try pulling your IAC motor out and cleaning it off, as I am thinking about it, that was a cause a couple times, but not as bad as you describe. Two torks bits, wipe it off with soft lint free cloth, clean inside the bore as well.

Charlie
You know what I don't have cruise control, but now that you mention it, when i'm watching it on autotap, when it does it, the throttle percentage shows like 1.6 instead of .4 or .8 like it usually does at idle. What else could cause the throttle blade to stick? Maybe it's something mechanical after I go wot that's causing it to stick open a little?