Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

messing with overspeed and underspeed spark correction

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 09:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default messing with overspeed and underspeed spark correction

well leaving the underspeed stock, because i thought it was zeroed out but i never scrolled all the way over, i got the timing to get pretty close to desired but it was on the low side. i took some underspeed timing out and it didnt help things out, the timing drifed farther away from the set timing and the target idle speed was higher than actual for the first time, but only by about 0.2 rpm.

from what i can tell, the underspeed setting needs to be increased to stock or more than stock, ill tinker with it some more. most likely need to work each table to the minimum timing swing and stay as close to target timing as possible, while keeping smooth idle quality
Old 08-09-2005, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

M6's have a better underspeed spark correction than stock auto tunes. I usually copy and paste the m6 table when I work on h/c auto cars.

Some people eliminate the overspeed but when dealing with large cams such as the g5x4, over and under combined can help combat surging.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how high would you say is enough timing to keep the idle within a small range? up to 2 *?

Quick Reply: messing with overspeed and underspeed spark correction