Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Growing Pains

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Growing Pains

my car is a slow ongoing process. months and thousands of miles pass between each mod. i would love to do everything at once and drop it off at a good dyno tuner but that's just not an option. I've done some searching and I think the predator is right for me.

If I get a predator (and am willing to pay for custom tunes when needed) and a wideband kit, will i have the tools to get the most out of:

Headers?
Nitrous?
Cam?
Heads?
and maybe a Turbo or stroker motor?

Also, I've heard that step 1 in tuning is going back to stock MAF. Will my SLP maf need to go once i start using the predator?

Thanks Guys!
Old 08-11-2005, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

Save a few more bucks and get some real tuning software. The Predator is good enough if you know someone with ChipMaster Revolution (which does all the same things as HPTuners, EFILive, LS1Edit, etc.). But, the number of places around with access to that software for our cars are few and far between. There's one here in Michigan (1BadLS1 aka Hardcore Racing) and the only other one I know of is in Alabama (RWTD). If you're a relatively educated person (graduated h.s.) and have the patience to learn something new, give the software side a try. It's hard to get over your head with all of the support of the members on this board as well as others (www.efilive.com & www.hptuners.com). That way, you can be ready for those heads, cam, and whatever else is in store for your car. JMO.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dunno... it just seems like with those things i'd be spending more time fussing with the software than driving the car