Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gen VII..... man I must be dumb

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 04:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Gen VII..... man I must be dumb

So here I am, I swapped over to my Gen VII that I've had for a year now.

I plug everything in, it starts up yesterday. Well when I try to accelerate, it pops and backfires.

I decide to leave it until today so that I can start tuning.

I set the throttle position. Low and High.

I try and start it. Nothing. It doesn't show anything for TPS. It also shows nothing for MAP. WTF?

Is there something that I'm missing? The instruction manual for setting these up and troubleshoothing sucks.

I tried calling Accel a dozen times and no answer. I had a buddy that had DFI issues and they don't return any calls. So I'm not holding my breath.

Roman
Old 08-15-2005, 04:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you put the motor in a Delorean?
Old 08-15-2005, 07:17 PM
kp
8 Second Club

I never had any problems getting a hold of someone at Accel, they have voice mail so if nothing picked up thats strange.

Were you able to set the TPS high and low at all? You have to do that correctly or it wont work, cranking the MAP should be at 105kpa. Are you getting any error codes?

I can send you one of my old calibrations to look over (pretty sure I still have them on my laptop), my VE table should get you pretty close if you are running a big solid roller. Its also very easy to flood it using the default cold start stuff also. Its not an easy thing to set up from the beginning if you never did it before..
Old 08-15-2005, 08:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kp
I never had any problems getting a hold of someone at Accel, they have voice mail so if nothing picked up thats strange.

Were you able to set the TPS high and low at all? You have to do that correctly or it wont work, cranking the MAP should be at 105kpa. Are you getting any error codes?

I can send you one of my old calibrations to look over (pretty sure I still have them on my laptop), my VE table should get you pretty close if you are running a big solid roller. Its also very easy to flood it using the default cold start stuff also. Its not an easy thing to set up from the beginning if you never did it before..
I was able to set the low and high.

The DFI is out. LS1edit is back in.

Thanks for the reply.

Roman
Old 08-16-2005, 12:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Have you considered going with Megasquirt? I have no idea what kind of setup you are running so i don't know if it would be good for you but it's another option.

Greg
Old 08-16-2005, 10:16 AM
FormerVendor

Sounds like your 5v reference circuit is screwed up. Did you check that?