Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

code P0336 (crank sensor) only found with predator on z06

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 04:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default code P0336 (crank sensor) only found with predator on z06

The car is running great. It does seem like it surges at steady throttle, but very very little. Not enough for the passenger to notice. But I notice it. Now this is the first time I have gotten this code. The car has a new reprogramed ecu, but its been in the car for months without this code. It is a heads and cam car. Now what would make the predator find the code and the DIC on the corvette not? I reset the code and it cleared so its not current, could this be that the crank angle sensor now needs a relearn? Or is it just one of those hickups that these cars see if they loose voltage or signal for a milla second? I was beating on it last night, but no SES light or codes found on the DIC.. thanks for the help
Old 09-04-2005, 11:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would be helpful if you'd give more info like what year your car is....

also there are lots of posts on this
https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php
search criteria: P0336

I just checked a 2001 C5 file and a 2002 Z06 and both are set to turn the SES light on when the 2nd error is detected.

I would clear the code and see if it comes back.. if it's not setting an SES then it's a pending code (detected once, but not a 2nd time yet)
Old 09-04-2005, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the reply. Sorry the car is an 02 z06 heads cam bolt ons. I did clear the code and it has not come back yet. One ignition cycle. So maybe it was one of those lost comunincation for a minute problems. If it does throw it again would it be worth it to just change the sensor and then get a relearn? Or just the relearn
Old 09-05-2005, 02:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this a new PCM in the car? or a PCM that was recently tuned? if so then a crank relearn is a good idea (find anyone local w/HP Tuners or EFI Live and they can help you out)

If not then I don't believe a crank relearn is necessary but wouldn't hurt... if it still comes back then you'll have 2 options
1. Perform the GM diagnostic steps (time consuming if doing first time... see the sticky about SES lights, the 2nd link has really detailed info)
2. If the sensor isn't much, you could replace that off the bat (it's a time vs. money thing... if the sensor is worth less than your time, it'll be faster, but if the problem is elsewhere you'll end up doing the full diag anyways..)
Old 09-06-2005, 05:53 AM
On The Tree

thanks for the info. Ya the pcm is not the stock one, it has been in the car for 4 months. It was recently retuned though, so maybe that caused it. Will probably change the sensor as well as getting a relearn. Im gonna drive it as is and see if it comes back. Thanks again.