Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

injector gone bad

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 06:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default injector gone bad

i'm sure some of you have been following my issue with the p0307 code. my buddy and i swapped the pushrods and coil packs yesterday. the code still is being thrown. the only thing that is left is to swap the injector out, and that is what some of the guys on this forum has told me that could be the problem. today my car started stumbling bad at low rpm's. is that an issue that could be caused by a faulty injector?
Old 09-07-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Veteran

What is PO307? I know po300 is randum misfire...
Old 09-07-2005, 01:25 PM
TECH Resident

misfire in cyl 7.......
Old 09-07-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

hence the 7 and depending on the condition of your other injectors....yeah, it could cause the stumbling, other injectors may be dirty/on their wayout as well....
Old 09-07-2005, 02:22 PM
TECH Veteran

If not the ignition, it is likely a fuel problem ...that is - if the PO307 code is valid!!!!....

I have replaced cam sensors twice and crank sensor once so far.....I had a bunch of misfire codes that could not be traced to individual holes....

Suggestion: Clear all the trouble codes. Switch fuel injector #7 to another hole (preferablly on the other bank) and see if you continue to get a po307 code. If yes, your injector is still good....

Typically, our injectors are very reliable....

You also swaped plug wires from #7 when you did the coil swap with your friend; right?
Old 09-07-2005, 02:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Are you using those stock aluminum spark plug covers? After my LT installation I think those buggers were causing spark arking to the headers.....

I dumped them a while back.... just hoping my wires don;t get fried as a result... my arking stoped, however...
Old 09-08-2005, 08:59 AM
On The Tree

fella's i appreciate your alls input. i got my set of injectors in yesterday and installed them. the old ones were clogged with rust deposits from a gas station in shepherdsville, ky. i'v already had to replace my fuel pump and filter because of this gas station. the car runs great now, and everything is clean. the #7 cylinder wasn't getting any fuel at all. thanks again for the input.

Quick Reply: injector gone bad