Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car shuts off when floored

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 11:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car shuts off when floored

When i floor my car. It shuts off, no codes, no loss of power to the radio. just shuts off. A person off a local board called me and suggested it was my starter shorting out. I checked it and couldnt seen anything wrong with how it was wired up.

Alright now the im stupid shoot me part. My car has been running rough for the past few weeks. I figured i got some bad gas. However, that wasnt the problem, turns out i had not 1, not 2, but 4 bad plug wires. Pulled them hoping to find out why it was shutting off. All bad wires had resistances in the 10k ohms range, good ones had around 50 ohms. These are MSD Red wires. At this time i also changed the plugs. All plugs looked fine. I've regrounded all my connections on the car.

Now that were done with the background, ANYONE GOT ANY IDEA WHY THE CAR SHUTS OFF WHEN FLOORED?
Old 09-14-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found out my problem. turns out that the owner before me didnt tape up the connection between the rearmount battery and the battery cables in the engine bay verywell. and came apart and was hitting the sway bar mounting brackets. Car runs like a beast now. lol.