Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How easy is EFI live to use

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 07:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How easy is EFI live to use

My set up is as follows at the bottom: I haven't tune this car at all and I'm going to install SVO 30# injectors along with a Racetronix pump. I am thinking of buying a tuning kit and want the best one for the best price(bang for the buck). Is this something that is user friendly and do I even need it since I'm going to take it to have it dyno tuned. I've heard it will help me with everday driving and the dyno tune will mostly tune it out for WOT and idle. I want this car to be tuned very well. Please help me out as I am not very knowledgeable about this part of the LS1 world. Also would I have to buy a laptop computer, or anything else, like cables and wide band o2 sensors and stuff like that? I've used the search button but all of this is so much to understand! Thanks for the help in advance!
Old 09-19-2005, 10:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you'd really want tot have a laptop at a bare minimum...makes it much easier when flashing unless you have a desktop in your garage...both efi live & hptuners look very user friendly but that doesnt mean much whene your talkinig about 500 parameters...hptuners v2.0 makes it a little easier for a newbie with a choice of what type of tuner you are ie newbie, intermediate & skilled. One way or the other out of the parameters its still up to the user to know what to change, when & how much.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:26 PM
FormerVendor

EFILive has been really easy for me to use and setup. The manual addresses any questions you may have. you can dload a demo version frmo www.efilvie.com
Old 09-20-2005, 05:10 AM
TECH Junkie

EFILive is way to go. The correct link from above is www.efilive.com also check out www.efilive.com/forum

You shouldn't have any problems using the EFILive software. The guys at Live had the end user in mind when they developed this package.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:06 AM
12 Second Club

EFIlive is very user friendly, and the support is great for it as well..

I've had mine for like 2 weeks and I've already learned and done alot of neat things.