Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wideband question..??

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wideband question..??

will having the a i r lines hooked up to the headers and the pump in normal working order screw w/ my wideband readings?............ if so will just unpluging it and messing w/ the code in hptuners solve the problem, any advice?
Old 10-05-2005, 04:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

come on,,, nobody has experience in this field?
Old 10-05-2005, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good question, I can tell you this I am still using my air system to my headers. Along with my wide band and have not had any problems at all. Reads and acts normal, and I was still able to get a good tune.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the AIR is only used while warming up. I'm not sure if it's just to offset the rich open-loop mixture, or to help light the cats sooner (or both).

The AIR will make the wideband read really lean after a cold start. However, it isn't accurate until all the air has been purged from the system by fresh exhaust anyway. Unless you are chasing a cold-start idle problem, don't worry about it.

DFCO will screw with the readings, though. Most of the time it isn't a big problem, because it only happens after the throttle is closed. If you are gathering data for SD/VE tuning, turning off DFCO temporarily will help.