Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

0bdii Will Not Scan

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 06:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 0bdii Will Not Scan

i have been having problems . my 95 trans am is not wanting to start everytime ,so i bought a scanner . when i plug the scanner in it will not turn on so (i tried it on another car and ot worked great.) when i have it plugged in i wiggled the plug to check for bad connection.and nothing .i tried it a little later and it came on, the scanner went to scan and it said FAIL ,so tried again and it said fail .i tried to scan it today and nothing , i tried to start the car and it started ran great , when it fired up the check engine lite came on . ishut it off and started it several more times . the scanner wouldnt come on with the car running either . i went inside and came out a little later and nothing but cranking. i have replace d the coil , module, plugs and wires and i changed the disributor 6 months ago. it seems like every 4/5 days i can go out and the car will start and do the same thing ... when i would wiggle the scanner plug and the diagnostic port when the scanner is plugged in my fuel pump comes on and at the same time a little grey box makes a clicking noise. the box is located on the drivers side kick panel just to the left of the clutch pedal. if anyone has any ideas i would be thankfull , thanks in advance..
Old 10-25-2005, 07:12 PM
24v
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do OBD2 scanners work on OBD1 cars?
Old 10-25-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That car is an obd1 car. That is why your obd2 scanner dont work.