PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*HELP* serious problem with my car!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 09:10 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *HELP* serious problem with my car!!

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I'll do it here. I had a nos 5177 kit installed in a free-flow lid on my 98 Z28, and I went to go trade the car in yesterday, so I removed the 'noids, lines, relays, switches, and the lid with the nozzles in it. I put the stock air intake back on the car (mated up to TR de-screened MAF ends) and I had immediate problems. every time the car hits a bump, all the idiot lights on the dash light up(and I mean all, even the ABS inop and BRAKE), the speedo goes wonky, and then it goes back to normal. last night the check engine light was on for about 30 minutes and then went out. when all the gauges go wonky, the trip odometer resets, and last night my mileage read "error", WTF??

also, when the **** hits the fan, the car bogs down also, it even stalled once last night. the car has 45000 miles, no major work ever done to it, it ran fine before yesterday, except for a problem which I believe was the stall converter chattering in 2nd at low rpm's.

think something is wrong with the computer? a sensor? what? help....
Old 12-04-2005, 09:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a loose power or ground some where...
Old 12-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Launching!

ttt tt
Old 12-04-2005, 05:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeap its a lose ground wire sumwhere my car has done the exact same thing,found lose ground wire on back of the head on drivers side
Old 12-04-2005, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Probably disconnected the battery while you demodded the car? First place to look for the grounding/power problem.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Launching!

it's quite aggravating, I had the noids grounded on the bumper by the washer bottle, and the power supply coming off the power tap. I removed the ground and bolt, and cut the power wire right off the tap. what the hell could have gone wrong, it ran perfect before that.