Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuner program Is it woth it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 11:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuner program Is it woth it?

I have no idea how to tune anything. I tried tutorials and all but it's still confusing the Hell out of me. I was wondering if I should buy a tuner program and try to learn how to use it ( I'm completely reatrded when it comes to tuning), or just find a place that will tune it for me. I would love to learn how to do it myself but I'm afraid that I'll destroy my car. What do you guys think?
Old 12-31-2005, 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would say go for it. Just tune in small increments, and you'll be just fine.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey bud, go for it. I started from nothing. Wrote a blog up http://r8transformation.blogspot.com/
Its easier once you get the tuning software as you will understand a lot more and you can log things to see what people mean.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give it a try. EFI Live is working on a Interactive Tutorial that will help get you fimilar with the software aspect of tuning. It will help get the grasp of things. Here is a link to one available now for download.

http://efiforum.iqd.co.nz/showthread.php?t=1612
Old 12-31-2005, 05:22 PM
TECH Addict

I'm in the same boat, it all seems really overwhelming. Now i'm sure I could learn (fast learner), but instead of using xxx tanks of gas trying to figure it out and tune myself, I think i'll just have someone else who does it every day give it their best.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for all the info. I have been through that tutorial before and saw how easy it was. But I still have no idea what I was changing and why I would choose all of the parameters. Like I said, I'm retarded when it comes to tuning. I'm going to keep on studying everything. I just don't want to spend all that money and have no idea how to use it. I think that I'm going to go efi live if and when I decide to take that step.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am still learning. I have been logging data from cars for a long time to send it off to have chips made. Yes, actual chips. It was an '87 year model.

I even got my hands a chip burner for a PC, but never learned how to do it since it IS OVERWHELMING. Just hang in there.

Recently, I started doing flash programming myself. Much easier BTW. I have spend quite a bit in gas! It would make you #$% in your pants if you saw the gas bill.

HOWEVER, you really are going to learn it. Give it time. If you are a modifier you will save money I'm sure.