Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP mass air flow

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP mass air flow

Has any one had trouble using this mass air flow while trying to tune there car. The guy tuning my car said that it is no good to use this because the electronics inside are different than the stock gm even though this is a gm mass air flow with a jumper harness. Just wondering if anybody with a H/C package using this with ls1 edit.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought SLP changed the elements on the SLP to that it was calibrated just like the factory one. My SLP MAF obviously has had a resolder job on it.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the SLP Z06 (85mm) MAF has a resistor soldered in it to trick the PCM basically... it attempts to modify the output of the MAF to match stock F-body PCM MAF tables (hence why a real LS6/Z06 85mm MAF will set a code in an F-Body)

unless you're pushing upper 500s rwhp really no point ... and even then... it's easy to go SD on 99+ cars w/2/3bar SD packages

not to mention an 85mm MAF into a 78mm TB and 78mm Intake manifold opening kinda is backwards heh

If you already have the SLP MAF, it can be tuned, just takes longer to get the MAF accurate (a stock MAF becomes innacurate as induction mods are added... so an 85mm maf w/a resistor is just a lil more time consuming)

My moto... if you have to run a MAF , stick with stock ... if you don't want to run a stock MAF go Speed Density