Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 sensors

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2 sensors

just wondering if theres any suggestions on 02 sensors for ls1 with alot of mods,im replacing mine,wondering if i should just replace with gm,or is there any type thats better for high performance use
thanks for any help
Old 01-26-2006, 11:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run the Denso O2s... and they seem fine, others just run the Bosch replacements... main thing is if you install headers, some have problems w/O2 extensions, so you can get the rear vette O2s and they have longer wires...

Other than that... a performance wideband is kinda an oxymoron heh ... stock narrowbands are only used at part throttle... where fuel economy takes precedence over performance ... at WOT or under significant loads the PCM switches to Open Loop and relies on other sensors to adjust fueling based on internal calculations/values (effectively ignoring hte O2 sensors)
Old 01-26-2006, 11:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks mike for the info,the reason for changing them is the car started on a decel and idle missing badly and running rich,i removed the plugs and found all the plugs on bank one gas fouled,so im figuring the os sensor is faulty,the car had the engine and tuning done a few years ago in cali at morgan motorsports,dont drive it much.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any SES lights? if one side is running that rich it will usually set an SES...

Another option... make sure you don't have an exhaust leak at the head, or at the collector... sucking in fresh air will make that side think it's lean and dump even more fuel in
Old 01-26-2006, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking

I like the Bosch 13111 O2's. They have a longer cable and I do not need O2 extenders with my LT's. I also got rid of my switching codes using these.

Bill