Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speed density tuning.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 02:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default speed density tuning.

first let me get something strait. Speed density removes the MAF correct? Is this better than having the MAF or worse? I guess what I want to know is Should I spend the time in changing my tune to speed density? I am just reading up on this whole tuning thing since I am very new to it. With the speed density tuning I can completely take my MAF off the car correct? And adjust the new table (made from SD tuning) to adjust my A/F ratio? I think im getting this correct if not please help I just dont want to mess something up
Thanks,
Joe
Old 02-07-2006, 09:48 PM
12 Second Club

It's not gonna work with that dry kit. But all you have to do is unhook the maf and tune VE. Then make your low octane timing = high. You can go to hptuners.com/forums , that should answer alot of your questions.

Last edited by BLUE99T/A; 02-07-2006 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:31 AM
10 Second Club

Yes I am aware that it will not work with the dry kit however I DP will soon be on the car if the SD tuning really makes that big of a difference. What kind of gains should I expect on the SD tune?
Old 02-08-2006, 03:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1999TransamWs6
Yes I am aware that it will not work with the dry kit however I DP will soon be on the car if the SD tuning really makes that big of a difference. What kind of gains should I expect on the SD tune?
lil more power just because you removed the restriction of the maf.

Some say better throttle response. But I believe that is mostly because getting the maf and ve dialed in perfect sync is so difficult.