Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Initial Tune for Head/Cam Swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 08:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Initial Tune for Head/Cam Swap

Any advice on initial tuning for a head/cam swap on my Y2K Corvette? I’m using LS1Edit and am wondering if I should make any timing/fuel/idle changes BEFORE starting the engine. Details are:
2003 Z06 heads (with the OEM lightweight valves)
Comp Cams #918 valve springs
Titanium retainers
Machined keepers
Z06 intake
SLP 51013 cam (0.576/0.571 lift with 234/228 duration; 112* centerline; 113* lobe separation)

I want to be careful not to overheat my cats if the A/F is too lean. I do have a wideband O2 and will use it to monitor the A/F while tuning. Going to begin the swap tonight.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

How much do you know about tuning and using LS1 Edit?

If you need help with a base file to get you up and running, let me know, I'll help you out for free. I'll need your stock file...

Bill
Old 02-16-2006, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Billiumss
How much do you know about tuning and using LS1 Edit?

If you need help with a base file to get you up and running, let me know, I'll help you out for free. I'll need your stock file...

Bill
Am I an expert on LS1Edit? ...No. However, I know enough. My background is: bachelor of science in mechanical engineering, been "playing" with cars since 1980, have built engines, transmissions, and set-up rear ends. At work, I am in the in-house computer/controls expert in my group. I've been around...

I'm not looking for a turn-key tune. Just a recommendation on initial fuel/timing settings. I can handle the rest but any help is appreciated. I'll PM you. Thanks!