PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no more ses light, now idle problems...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 12:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default no more ses light, now idle problems...

My service engine light had been on for about 4 months, it came on a week after installing my headers along with cats and o2 extensions. I never pulled the code, but I'm almost certain it was the rear cats as this is expected with headers. At any rate, I went to start it up yesterday after finishing some stuff at the bank, and it barely started up, and idled really low (around 500 rpm,) but the light was off. I had to keep my foot on the gas for a few minutes to keep it from dying. Since then, the light has not come back on, but the idle was erratic for a few minutes after the next time I started it, anywhere from 500-1200 rpm. Today it was fine, the light is still off. The car seems to run the same, if not better, no problems at WOT or anything like that. However, the light doesn't come on at all now, not even for a second or two right after the car is started. Is the ses light supposed to come on for a second after starting? Has it taken 4 months for my car to "tune itself"?
Old 02-16-2006, 12:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The light should come on when you turn the key (with eng off) to show it's working. Maybe you burned it out? Have it scanned to see if you have any current codes.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm gonna check it for codes this weekend at work. I just find it kinda odd that the bulb would go out at exactly the same time I started having idle problems, which I've never had before, except for maybe a few minutes after installing my tb.