PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1-Edit: WOT Power Enrichment ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 10:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1-Edit: WOT Power Enrichment ??

What does the Max Power Enrichment number entry do for you? It is set at about 1.12 but in the PE vs RPM table there is a 1.24 multiplier across the RPM range. Does that mean the maximum power enrichment at WOT would be 1.12 times the MAF reading or 1.24 times the MAF reading? Tuning at WOT should be done using the PE vs RPM table, right? Just in need of clarification.

Paul J.
Old 02-02-2003, 08:59 AM
On The Tree

Default Re: LS1-Edit: WOT Power Enrichment ??

My understanding is as follows : There is certainly a limit to how much extra fuel you would want to add under ANY conditions.. Since there are numerous independent control tables that each CAN add fuel (i.e. COT, PE/RPM, PE/TEMP, etc), and since all of these tables are added together to determine actual total enrichment, it would be possible to get a ridiculous total enrichment.. so the max number is simply a limit to the total applied enrichment..
Old 02-03-2003, 12:45 AM
Staging Lane

Paul J,,, This is an excellent question,, I have wondered about this same thing myself.

The above post did not answer your question. As you said, the max enrichment is set at 1.12 in one table,, but then in the PE vs RPM table the value is 1.24...

Now since 1.24 is bigger than 1.12,, are we getting the 1.24 or not???

I have worked on the PE vs RPM table while on a chassis dyno equipped with a good wide band O2 sensor. As far as I can determine, the 1.12 value does not effect the fuelling that I did in the PE vs RPM table. I change the value in the PE vs RPM table from 1.15 to 1.18 to 1.24 and got the proper richer or leaner AFR for the change I made.

So the 1.12 value is still a mystery to me.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:58 AM
Turbo Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have seen this with MIGHTYMOUSE's car too... even in his tune the max is still 1.12.... but i know he changed that one time to match what he put in the tables and it really through things off... the car had a miss it was so rich.
Old 07-23-2003, 12:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

For WOT changes I just use the PE vs rpm table.Ussually I want a leaner A/F which I do the table 80%-90% which gives a lower # 1.00 vs 1.12 and leans out the A/F.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:59 PM
Launching!

Paul J,,, This is an excellent question,, I have wondered about this same thing myself.

The above post did not answer your question. As you said, the max enrichment is set at 1.12 in one table,, but then in the PE vs RPM table the value is 1.24...

Now since 1.24 is bigger than 1.12,, are we getting the 1.24 or not???

I have worked on the PE vs RPM table while on a chassis dyno equipped with a good wide band O2 sensor. As far as I can determine, the 1.12 value does not effect the fuelling that I did in the PE vs RPM table. I change the value in the PE vs RPM table from 1.15 to 1.18 to 1.24 and got the proper richer or leaner AFR for the change I made.

So the 1.12 value is still a mystery to me.
Just asked the same ? on the LS1 Edit mailing list. I was wondering if leaning out the PE vs RPM would do anything until the values got below the 1.12 Thanx, Looking at the layout, it appears to be a seperate entity from the PE tables but max enrichment for what?

Quick Reply: LS1-Edit: WOT Power Enrichment ??