Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning ??

I live about 4 or more hours from any place that I know of that can dyno tune ls1's. I am putting LT's and TR 224 cam in next month. My question is are the mail order tunes ( thunder, or rwtd), good for those kind of mods, can they get drivability good and good power but stay safe. I understand that it is not as good or accurate as a dyno tune, but do they tune through out the rpm range or just wot tuning's. Or would Hp or EFIlive be a better option, only thing is this is my daily driver so I need to be able to somewhat tune it as soon as I am done with the install, how hard are these systems to use and learn without messing anything up. sorry so long,,,,,thanks!
Old 02-25-2006, 10:56 AM
FormerVendor

contact wait4me he is a sponsor. I use EFILive and find that its way easier to use than HPT. If you need it tuned that fast you will prolly want to buy your own software so you wont be at the mercy of waitng on someone to do it for you. Reading all the information contained in this forum will get you started with your car and it will be fun and frustrating at time but you have help

Download the demo version of EFILive at www.efilive.com and take it for a spin. It comes with tunes and logs for you to look at and get confortable with the software. If you have any question about it you can instant message me or post here to ask any questions
Old 02-25-2006, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

So going the way of tuning myself would be better for my situation?, Would I be able to tune it better than a mail order tune since i really have no experience in it? EFIlive is what I am wanting, just worried that my car is going to sit there for weeks while i learn how to use it after the cam and header install. But as long as i can get some help i guess i will be fine,, thanks!!
Old 02-25-2006, 03:30 PM
FormerVendor

Yes tuning it yourself will get it way better than a mail order tune because you will spend more time working on the issues yourself in pursuit of perfection. I can help you with a starter tune to get you up and running and you can ask as many questions as you want. I can walk oyu through a lot of things that will help you get the car dialed in all the while you are learning about the car and how it behaves.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

chad2775,
HumpinSS is correct, he'll get you 'base tuned' in a short time;
and after you start learning, you'll wonder why you never did this sooner;
best money ever spent (on anything).
Regards.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joecar
you'll wonder why you never did this sooner;
best money ever spent (on anything).
Regards.
its a large initial investment but the final reward is almost always worth it.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:23 AM
On The Tree

Thanks, that seems the way to go, and thanks for offering the help to get me started!, I will be in touch for sure when I get it, it will be a couple of months though, so I hope the offer is still there,, have to take the wife and kids on vacation before i can get any more toys,,, does anyone know how much its going to be for the v2 (I think its called), the one that does not require the laptop, I havent been able to find a price on that one. thanks.