Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need a little help with My new custom OS

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need a little help with My new custom OS

hey guys i have installed the new PCM with the custom OS and got the car running correctly there is just a couple of problems that i am having.

First off i am getting an Air bag light...

second problem is the PID for commanded Air fuel ratio is gone....

Lastly i installed an LC-1 yesterday and i went through all the steps to program it but i am seem to have a problem with it...it sits at 2.2V the whole time sometimes it changes to other values like 2.3V but weather i am WOT or not it doesnt seem to change much...

Please help me out.

Thanks
Louie
Old 03-07-2006, 04:01 PM
TECH Resident

ok the air bag light is still there....

i had to do a Crank relearn. i also had the wrong EXT.ADx displayed for the AFR
so i fixed the AFR problem...

only to find that my AFR at idle is 17-18.5! what is the deal with that? what are teh ways to go about fixing it?

My GM.AFR PID is still not there...so i cant log or change what i want my commanded AFR to be and then follow through with the autoVEtuning...
My knock retard PID is also not available...

Anyone know why this is?

Thanks
Louie
Old 03-07-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

half-n-half,

Hi there.

I couldn't tell from your first post, but your second post gives a clue that you're using EFILive....

If you also post on the EFILive forum, some COS people there may be able to help you out, since not everyone over there frequents here. See http://forum.efilive.com/index.php,

If you get an airbag light, see if the Scan Tool can pick up the airbag/SRS/restraints DTC.

Yes, when you see constant 2.2V-2.5V on EXT.ADx, that's a clue that you're using the one that's not connected.

Your AFR seems wrong, check your WB AFR calc pid, it must match the voltage/AFR points programmed in your LC-1; what are your programmed points...?
Also, did you do the free air calibration on the LC-1...?
Also, was the LC-1 LED on steady when you saw the wrong AFR...?

As for GM.AFR and GM.KR being missing, check that your correct VIN and OS id are displayed in the status line at the bottom of the Scan Tool window; check that you selected these pids on the PIDs tab.

Regards
Joe
Old 03-07-2006, 07:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by joecar
half-n-half,

Hi there.

I couldn't tell from your first post, but your second post gives a clue that you're using EFILive....

If you also post on the EFILive forum, some COS people there may be able to help you out, since not everyone over there frequents here. See http://forum.efilive.com/index.php,

If you get an airbag light, see if the Scan Tool can pick up the airbag/SRS/restraints DTC.

Yes, when you see constant 2.2V-2.5V on EXT.ADx, that's a clue that you're using the one that's not connected.

Your AFR seems wrong, check your WB AFR calc pid, it must match the voltage/AFR points programmed in your LC-1; what are your programmed points...?
Also, did you do the free air calibration on the LC-1...?
Also, was the LC-1 LED on steady when you saw the wrong AFR...?

As for GM.AFR and GM.KR being missing, check that your correct VIN and OS id are displayed in the status line at the bottom of the Scan Tool window; check that you selected these pids on the PIDs tab.

Regards
Joe

Thanks for the help joe.

I got just about everything figured out today.

Ok my vin wasnt programmed to the PCM, so once i got that figured out the air bag light went away.

I found the correct Pids for KR and AFR so i was able to start logging some info and get through the VE autotuning tutorial.
my AFRs are actually pretty close to the commanded now.

I havent been able to get on the car or go WOT, or even drive around slowly(i got tired) but at idle my AFR is sitting right at 11:1.

Is that right? good?

What should my commanded AFRs be?

what about optimum timing?

Thanks for the help.

Louie
Old 03-07-2006, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Louie, you're welcome.

Are you sure your WBO2 AFR calc pid matches your LC-1 programmed AFR/voltage points...?

Warm idle AFR 11:1 is too rich.

On the EFILive forum there's some people who know alot about COS's, so you may want to ask about this over there.

Joe
Old 03-07-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Resident

Hey joe...11:1 was way too rich...lol

I found the problem..The new PCM that i got with the custom OS on it had a {b3647}commanded fuel vs RPM(normal) parameter...

i am not sure if this exists in the a regular OS...but it is here in this one and the figures were all out of wack...BAD.

the 11:1 was actually programmed into it at that level and that is why my autoVE tuned it to there. and all of the other figures were horrible.

well i went into that field and adjusted the figures around a little. i set them up so that my idle values are at 14.5 or so and at WOT up top i am going as rich as 12.5:1.

I have not yet fixed the values up top, however my idle and local cruising is sitting pretty strong at 14.5:1 now, so i think that i am in pretty good shape.

If these values are bad please let me know.

Thanks for all of your help!
Louie

Also if anyone happens to know how i can take screenshots of the pc screen so that i can post up pics please tell me how.

Thanks again
Old 03-07-2006, 09:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by half-n-half

Also if anyone happens to know how i can take screenshots of the pc screen so that i can post up pics please tell me how.

Thanks again

damnit i figured it out....

anyways that is what i now have set for AFRs if anyone has any input on them that would be great.

Thanks

Louie
Attached Thumbnails i need a little help with My new custom OS-comafr.jpg