Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning in a stutter box and other odds

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning in a stutter box and other odds

Anyone ever tried this? I had an Eclipse a few years ago and I was able to have a stutter box programmed in, turned factory boost gauge into an a/f gauge, and the ses light would blink knock counts (all done with programming the ecu). The stutter box was activated by the clutch switch. I was just curious as to if anyone has tried this on any of our lsx cars.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

The stutter box works, but we don't have a boost gauge from the factory and I don't think the ses light could be programmed to blink knock counts. I am looking into the transmission temp input and rear o2 sensor input as a means to get my aeroforce scan gauges to give me a reading from a fuel pressure sending unit and my secondary wideband output. I have an m6, so the trans temp isn't used, and my rear o2's are deleted, so they are unused as well. I will have to determine what numbers correlate to what pressure and a/f, but it would be very useful when my laptop isn't with me.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gametech
The stutter box works, but we don't have a boost gauge from the factory and I don't think the ses light could be programmed to blink knock counts. I am looking into the transmission temp input and rear o2 sensor input as a means to get my aeroforce scan gauges to give me a reading from a fuel pressure sending unit and my secondary wideband output. I have an m6, so the trans temp isn't used, and my rear o2's are deleted, so they are unused as well. I will have to determine what numbers correlate to what pressure and a/f, but it would be very useful when my laptop isn't with me.
I think it would be pretty useful too. Being able to log a/f and stuff without a laptop. So basically, in theory, anything that is unused could be programmed for something else?
Old 03-31-2006, 01:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

I'm not sure if using these otherwise unused inputs will cause any unforseen issues or not, but when I get time to experiment, I will post results.