Sponsored by:

Oh Gurus Please Help ......

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oh Gurus Please Help ......

Gurus Please Fix.....

First Car was running fine lets start with that. Noticed more recently the idle wouldnt come right back down to idle after I came to a stop. In the past I have cleaned the IAC and it has fixed that problem. Well I finally decided to replace the IAC. And this is where the problem begins.

Replaced IAC now idle is fine then if you tap the gas it will jump to 3k 4k 2k whatever it decideds then it will slowly come back to idle. Did the whole Idle relearn. No vacum leaks. No check engine lights, THe service engine light did come on. So after running the scanner, decided to change back to the stock maf after talking to a good friend of mine and having code p0102. So I thought all was well. Driving home from the shop hit it at the last road before I turn on mine. And bang its back. Idle high the slow back to normal.

I am at a loss. If you have any ideas shoot them My way. I have cleaned all the connecters to the maf,tps,iac,iat. Checked and rechecked all vaccum hoses. At a loss.

Old 03-29-2006, 07:16 PM
Launching!

Disconnect the battery for a minute. This will allow the computer to relearn the IAC with the new IAC
Old 03-29-2006, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

Been there done that. Did a PCM reset and a Idle relearn.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

Default Bump Bump Bump

T.t.t
Old 03-31-2006, 02:22 AM
Staging Lane

Same **** here, after cam and ls6 intake on a base tune for over 1k miles had no problems with idle calming down. Then went for dyno tune and two days later the idle would hang real bad and would even jump up when I pressed in the clutch on the freeway. Long story short, I talked to my tuner and he didn't change any idle/cracker tables and was like ?????. Didn't even finish the tune because I ran out of fuel at the top end and need to get a pump. So after reading a post on here I ran my idle set screw down almost a full turn. About 100 miles later and it hasn't idled high or hung once. "Knock on Wood"!! Give it a shot, might be an easy fix.