PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I have a short or did I fry the ECU??

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 11:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do I have a short or did I fry the ECU??

I'M SO F'ING PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW. The 1st time I took the car to NTB to be aligned it was too low. Fixed that. Took it to get aligned for the 2nd time and it died on them while puting it on the rack. Won't start again. Fried the starter (guessing). Swapped the starter out and still nothing. It won't even roll start. Then I noticed that when the key is in the ON position the guages are going GOOFY. Autometer tach is going up and down, the speedo is moving around and the dummie light are flickering. You can also hear the ECU turning on and off multiple times. I'm getting VERY frustrated with this thing. Could I have somehow fried the ECU?? Oh well. After working to try and get it fixed in the parking lot of NTB, I'm at the "Who give's a F*#K!" stage. Other than a hand grenade, does anyone else have any ideas???
Old 03-30-2006, 07:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

make sure the battery connections are tight.... sounds like either a low battery or poor battery connection
Old 03-30-2006, 07:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah sounds like weak battery or loose battery/ground connection. When I moved my battery to the back wheelwell i had to alter the wiring up front that goes to the starter. Like a month later the connection became loose and the starter wouldnt turn over. I fixed the connection and all was good again.