Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM removal question

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 05:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM removal question

i have a 99 ls1 camaro and am looking for a place to run a power wire to a speaker amp through the firewall i remember in a 98 there being a good spot behind the PCM... I tried to instead of taking the entire pcm out just remove the two banks off the top exposing the pins to take a peak behind it... however im a moron and im 99% sure i put them back the right way...is it possible to switch them and do it backwards put the top "plug" on the bottom bank and the bottom plug to the top bank or do they fit only in their respective locations? Please help thanks
Old 04-04-2006, 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't know if it's possible to reverse them or not, can't remember what they looked like. I wrote in pencil top and bottom when I removed mine. Anyway, on my car the "bottom" connector has another bundle of wires coming out of it going to the connectors on the fender well - yours is probably the same.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah thats how mine is too so i guess i had it right thanks a bunch
Old 04-04-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a huge RED and BLUE connector markings on the side of the pcm, and the wires are setup in such as way the top connector has them running off the top, and the bottom coming off the bottom, so it is not possible to reverse them.

Ryan