Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hp tuner

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hp tuner

I want to buy HP Tuner but got a few questions that I can not find the answers to.
First I have a nitrous motor so what version would be best to buy, and in the next year I want to get a tubro would i be able to up grade to the 2or 3 bar when I needed.
Second is how much it is going to cost 1999 LS1 Z28
Last thing is what if when my motor blows up ( This Season) if I replace it with a 408 of something along that line will HP Tuner work or will I need to buy it all over agian.
Thanks
Old 04-05-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you'll want the MPVI Pro version w/the inputs/outputs. nitrous motors won't need the 2/3 bar upgrade, but you could if you wanted to (2/3 bar is for boost)

$650 for the tuner, then you get 8 licenses with it. You can choose to get unlimited 99 Z28s for 6 credits (no additional purchase) or you can license just your own PCM for 2 credits (6 credits left over for future PCMs, custom OS, etc...)

The VIN Locking type licensing is licensed to the PCM, so you can put a new engine in, so long as you use the same PCM it will work fine. The year/model licensing will work w/any PCM w/a valid OS for that year/model

Since you're only going to tune your car, the VIN locked is prolly the best choice for you... 2 credits (6 left, so you could potentially license 3 more vehicles, or you can upgrade to custom OS's...) ... but if you have 2 or more other buddies w/a 99 F-Body V8 then the unlimited is best (6 credits, but then any other 99s that come along can be tuned for no additional cost)
Old 04-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks and one more thing if I get the MPVI Pro version w/inputs/outputs that will work for now but when I do the tubro setup I can use my left over credits to get the 2/3 bar
Old 04-05-2006, 05:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes...for now you could get by just fine with the stock OS and just use 2 credits by vin locking if you wanted...meaning you'd have 6 credits remaining to apply the 2 bar OS at a later time.