Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 01:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning question?

Guys I just got my motor going and had some questions. First I have HP tuners but unfotunatly I cant seem to get it to work on any laptop (sister in-laws and ours) It just says no ports open when I try to scan. Anyway I was just wondering if the rear o2's are not deleated if this can cause the engine to surge and or die with the cam below, I have heard of people not having any tuning with this cam at all (of coarse I also added headers). I have done quite a bit since the car has been down, rearend, cam tr224 114, AFR 205's, FLP headers, and ls6 intake.
The tune I had b4 was for a s/c pushing 7#s with 38# injectors everything else was stock. Im fairly sure this will not do for the new motor ( I no longer have the stock tune). Im just worried I wont be able to drive it to the tuner 40 miles away.
It also smells very rich I dont want to wash the cylinders. What do you guys recomend, should I get a trailor.
Thanks
Old 04-10-2006, 10:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First off go to the HPTuners bin repository and download a stock bin for your year car, and use that as a reference. Copy the tables from the stock one into your bin and then start over. Do the usuall things like raising idle a bit, leaning out the frst few columns in the VE. Just some stuff to get you started. The rear o2s wont affect your fueling.

You will get the no ports open alarm if you left the editor open and or connected.