Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Little Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Little Help Please

I have my car tuned fairly well, with just a few problems. The first is when my converter locks on the highway there is a bad vibration, it only does this in 4th not 3rd. Secondly is that my car runs great after start-up, throttle response, shift points everything, the car feels really strong, but is running extremely rich, after it warms up abit and leans out, the car is kind of sluggish until you stomp on it. How can i get these problems fixed so i can get some heads on there.

Thanks
Old 04-11-2006, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

I'd say try blending in a few degrees timing (a little at a time) to the areas that feel sluggish. If you see KR, back it off. Be sure the PCM is allowed to retard timing before doing this. We have 2 tables in EFILive that limit the amount of KR the PCM can apply (one for PE and one for non-PE). I say this because I believe the stock programming doesn't allow KR until the MAP sensor is above 50kPa. As for the car being rich on start up, check the Open-loop Fuel Air table. Until you get to closed-loop, your commanded AFR comes from here and it may need to be leaned out a little bit.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

ok thanks ill try that i have added timing, but still feels the same, guess i can add more i didn't have any KR