Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help for a new guy please.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help for a new guy please.

I have a '00 vette with shorties, CAI and cat back. I'm using a Vinci tuner and a Proscan logger.
I started with the standard HiPerf Vinci tune and the logger shows my fuel trims are about where they should be. Pretty much zero at cruise and pretty even above and below other times.

My problem is the timing. At cruise and steady throttle, it's showing way too much advance, like 36-7-8*

The Vinci let me pull 10% which brought it down a bit but it's still way off(I think). During accelleration and at idle it Runs anywhere from 0 to 36*.

The car pulls hard and smokes the tires shifting to second but the numbers are way off here. Any ideas?
Old 04-13-2006, 08:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

What makes you thing that is too much timing?? The stock timing table calls for up to 40* of timing under certain airflow such as cruise.. At WOT you should be no more advanced than 28*.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by brad8266
What makes you thing that is too much timing?? The stock timing table calls for up to 40* of timing under certain airflow such as cruise.. At WOT you should be no more advanced than 28*.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was hoping that was the answer!

I've done a lot of searching and reading the last two days and all anyone ever mentions is 26-28* of advance. No one ever mentions cruise numbers. Not that I've found anyway.

Is there anywhere I can see a graph of this table? Believe me, I have searched high and low and cant find it.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by captainpooby
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was hoping that was the answer!

I've done a lot of searching and reading the last two days and all anyone ever mentions is 26-28* of advance. No one ever mentions cruise numbers. Not that I've found anyway.

Is there anywhere I can see a graph of this table? Believe me, I have searched high and low and cant find it.
Those numbers you hear people talking about are at WOT. It can be found if you have tuning software. Its in the high octane spark table. I can send my stock timing table to you, whats your email? Also put back the timing that you pulled.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:40 PM
Teching In

Timing will go back in. PM coming with my e-mail addy.

Thanks man!