PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

help my car is hesitating

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help my car is hesitating

Ok, I have a 2000 z -28. I put a set of pacesetters on last weekend. The car ran good until Wednesday night in the rain. It started hesitating and shaking really bad at below 3000 rpm and at less than 50% throttle. If I punch it, then it runs a lot closer to normal. I have codes thrown for the rear O2 sensors (no activity) and had a cylinder #6 misfire code. I pulled the spark plug (ngk tr-55) and it looked fine. The wires are all brand new. It feels like the car is not getting enough spark down low. I checked all the connections and everything looks good. If anyone has any ideas I could sure use some help.
Thanks,
Chris
Old 04-21-2006, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You've got something wrong with the O2s. Wires could be crossed (side to side) or you may have burnt a wire. The reason it runs fine (better) at WOT, is because you go into "Open Loop" which doesn't look at the O2 readings.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My buddy had a plug wire (new MSD) arcing against the header on #6 after his LT install - same symptom as yours. Went over to his house to read the code and when he started it in the dark we found it right away. Might not be your problem but it's something easy to check.