Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which tuner to get?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which tuner to get?

I'm kinda new to ls-1's and wanna add true dulas lt's and a cam to my ls-1 but i'm not sure which tuner to get for it? I know a chip isn't gonna work but beyond that i'm unclear which one to get. I'm pretty sure i can't get a custom dyno tune either so i need somehting that'll be just as good. I do have a fair bit of experience with computers so a pc based program would be easy for me to learn. Any help or direction would be apreciated.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/368718-read-me-best-ls1-tuning-software-best-scanner-best-handheld.html

HP Tuners and EFI Live are the main products out right now (PC Based)... best bet is to visit each site and see which you think fits your needs

There's also Tunercat and LS1 Edit, but neither is very highly reccomended anymore
Old 04-27-2006, 06:54 PM
TECH Junkie

stear clear of handhelds and ls1edit and you'll be ok.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

thanks and sorry to be such a newb
Old 04-27-2006, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

How do you buy HP or EFI live? I am yet to understand the whole credits thing with HP tuners.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

they both have options on their web pages to order the product. EFI Live also has various vendors that resell the product (Black02SS, HumpinSS, wait4me)

W/HPT, the credits allow you to do various things... example you could tune 4 vin locked LS1 based vehicles... or 1 unlimited year/model and 1 VIN locked, or 2 LS2 based vehicles (VIN locked) ... or you could tune your car, upgrade to a custom OS, and still have credits left to use towards additional licenses

The credits are just a method of licensing , http://www.hptuners.com/order.php has all the various costs (how many credits required to apply that type of licensing for that vehicle)
http://www.hptuners.com/credit_faq.html provides more examples
Old 04-27-2006, 10:19 PM
TECH Junkie

I am offering specials on EFILive with or without a wideband. It is essential that you purchase a wideband IMO to properly tune your vehicle. EFILive does PCM licenses that you purchase for each vehicle. Initally it comes with 2 that will allow you to tune two different vehicles as well as any 98' for free if you decide to later down the line. If you have any questions please feel free to let me know and I can help you out anyway that I can.

Thanks!