Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Narrowbands, and wideband.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 06:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Narrowbands, and wideband.

My narrowbands and wideband just don't agree on anything. My wideband says I'm dead on at 14.63:1 AFR, my narrowbands say I'm running rich. Issue is when I turn back on stft's and ltft's my tune is goign to be thrown all out of wack. At the same time I don't like driving around in SD, with everything off. I'd like to go back to a semi stock tune with just my modified VE table.

I'm using hptuners mpvi pro with an lc1. The readings on the scanner are VERY close to the reading on the logworks software, almost dead on. I have longtubes and a few other mods, but any idea why they'd be showing such a difference?
Old 07-05-2006, 08:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have tuned the VE Table and the MAF table to be right on 14.63, just enable the closed loop and let the LTFT learn where they need to be. The narerowbands are worth less for anything outside of .450mv or 14.6-14.7. Just let the LTFT do what they want and you will start seeing them settle at -4 to 0 range, which is perfect.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The narrow bands are good for anything between 15.0 and say 14.3 which is where the car should be driveabilty wise anyway. Remeber that all 02 sensors read off a function between 02 content and heat/pressure. There is no magic fuelparts/air sensor. Having said that there shouldn't be any problem tuning the part throttle on the narrowbands with the wideband there as a reference. What its going to come down to for you which feels better.

Stoich is not where all cars like to be.

If you find that the car drives richer (or leaner) than where ST and LT's are 0 than you can tune in the 02's to match the OL tune you have and that way the car adjust for itself as weather changes. Its kinda nice when you utilize technology under you nose and just not turn it off (talkinga bout running OL on a street car)
Old 07-06-2006, 01:56 AM
On The Tree

I would look to stay OL. It's just for some odd reason the o2's don't add up. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with my wideband? Did I mount it too far back? I have no cats, but it's mounted after my y pipe. Is that a problem? I'm might play with it some more to see if I can't get it closer.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Always mount your wideband about 12 inches from your header collector if possible. Any further away and the readings can become skewed and unreliable. If you plan to run OL, just stick it in one of the stock O2 sensor location on the header.