PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any can tunes I can use with HPtuners?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any can tunes I can use with HPtuners?

I have just finished up with my tuning on my 01 ws6. I still have plenty of credits left and I want to download a Can tune into my buddies 00 SS camaro and my girlfriends 06 GTO. I don't want to spend the time to fully tune the camaro seeing that is not with me all the time. Both are 6speeds and completely stock other than Intakes and exhaust. I couldn't find anything for either car on hp's repository as far as just simple can tunes. Thanx for the help!
Old 07-12-2006, 01:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NEVER load someone elses tune into another vehicle.... every car is different.... if you want to tune a particular car... then take the time to tune it... otherwise... don't modify it (if the 00ss and 06 gto are both stock... then leave them be... unless you want to spend the time to do a custom tune.... if they're modified... then definetly do not load someone elses tune into them)

for the 00... use an RTT license (and of course charge them), and in practically no time car's tuned (assuming wideband... if no wideband, can still be done quickly assuming they have track access)

for the 06.... that car inparticular I would NOT trust a canned tune..... either leave it stock or spend the time to actually tune it
Old 07-12-2006, 09:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanx For Your Reply! I Don't Plan On Just Putting Any Tune Into The 00 Ss. I Was Just Looking For A Hypertech Or Ect.... As For The 06 Gto I Will Just Take The Time And Do It Right Since I Can Just Take It Out Whenever.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

Horist, Does RTT really make life easy for a simple tune? It looks great, I want to know if it is really effective for tuning, or just an expensive option that I will never use.
I have LS1edit now, am considering stepping up to the pay window for HPtuners.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by racecar
Horist, Does RTT really make life easy for a simple tune? It looks great, I want to know if it is really effective for tuning, or just an expensive option that I will never use.
I have LS1edit now, am considering stepping up to the pay window for HPtuners.
regular HP tuners is lightyears better than LS1 Edit for tuning (since the scanner is integrated w/the editor)

the RTT makes things MUCH easier to tune so long as you have someone with you that knows what they're doing (or have someone else drive your car)

Regular HP Tuners tuning: Drive, scan, pull over, check your histograms, apply updates, get back on road .... fine for a single person tuning there car

HPT RTT .... passenger w/laptop ... drive... they make changes, you just keep driving

For dynotuning makes it even easier (though I prefer street tunes since it more accurately recreates how the car is driven) ... especially if it's a mustang dyno or a dynojet w/the load option thing

remember that you need a wideband O2 for this though .... (so you need the HPT Pro version fro $650)

I have a word doc I wrote a while ago for another member that showed how to do simple VE tuning.... i'll try to find it and email it to you (if you don't mind... send me an email, mike at horist d0t com )

you'll be surprised how far things have come since LS1 Edit lol (I know I was and this was 2.5 years ago or so when I switched heh)
Old 07-13-2006, 06:11 PM
TECH Resident

That's what I thought about HP. I guess it's worth the money to get the job done.
Thanks for the explanation.