Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 03:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator

just bought a predator II programmer....what all do i need to do with it now?...the only aftermarket stuff i have is a 160 t-stat, cat back, and an slp airbox lid...
Old 07-13-2006, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

- 160 stats are generally not recommended in LS1's. You can use the Predator to tune your fan settings and get most of the cooler running benefit w/o running so cool as a 160 stat will do.

- Do turn off all your electronics, disconnect aftermarket amps, do not use electrical items while using the predator, and make sure you have a very strong battery fully charged. It is like a Bios update on a PC motherboard. If something spikes while loading the tune you can lock up your ECM and your car is DEAD until you get a new ECM or have Diablosport fix it. Ask me how I know.

- Main benefits for a car like yours would be fan settings, and on an auto - shift speeds (not pressures), and downshift speeds. Tweaking those can wake the car up and make it drive a good bit differently.

- Make sure you predator has a serial number in it when you hook it up. Some made it out with "000000" serial numbers and again, will lock up once you load your first tune. Ask me how I know.

When all is said and done - the only way I would really recommend messing with a predator at this point in my life - is if you intend to get gears and need to reprogram the speedo to correct. This combined with some of the flexibility you pick up w/ fans and auto trans settings make it worthwhile.

Otherwise the money is better spent elsewhere or put towards real tuning software.