Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about my SES light coming on

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 11:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about my SES light coming on

My SES light came on today, and my guy can't hook it up to check it until early next week (which sucks). So here's the deal.
Two weeks ago I'm driving down the road (I was just running across town, so I the car wasn't running hard or for a long time) I'm going about 40 in 5th (just cruising at low RPMs) and I decide to take it into 2nd and romp on it (no big deal I've done it lots of times. It puts me around 4000 RPMs-far from my rev limiter) As soon as I floor it though the SES light comes on. IT stays on all day, but later that night I go eat dinner at afterward I get in my car to leave and the light is now off. VERY soon after that I noticed that my clutch is starting to slip. The clutch has steadily gotten worse in the last week, and yesturday I thought I would get on it and see how bad it is slipping (real bad and as soon as the new clutch comes in next week, I'm having it swapped). But, two weeks later and no more SES light, I do the same thing I did last time (drop into 2nd at about 40) and sure enough the light comes on, and has stayed on since.
Does anyone have an idea what this can be? I wouldn't think that the SES light has anything to do with the clutch, but I've been wrong before. This one has got me baffled. Like I said, my mechanic can't look at it until next week, and I would like to hava an idea as to what might be going on.
Sorry for the long rightup
Old 07-20-2006, 11:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Places like Autozone will read the code(s) for free.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks...I feel like a total tool now , but thanks