Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauge Install?!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge Install?!?

Dunno if this goes in here but if it doesnt feel free to move it mods...

Anybody got a How to on installing diffrent types of Aftermarket gauges... Like the Trans temp gauge... I havent gotten the gauge yet so dont really know whats involved... thanks in advance
Old 07-23-2006, 01:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Z28Camaro01
Dunno if this goes in here but if it doesnt feel free to move it mods...

Anybody got a How to on installing diffrent types of Aftermarket gauges... Like the Trans temp gauge... I havent gotten the gauge yet so dont really know whats involved... thanks in advance
Not sure if you're looking for wiring information or the gauge install itself. As far as wiring most have a harness that runs from whatever you're measuring to the gauge. You pretty much just connect the harness and then wire in a ground and switched power. As far as mounting the gauge, it depends (obviously) what size and shape it is. Some fit directly into the a/c vents, some use a gauge pillar / pods, and some fab up brackets. I know this really basic, but hope it helps a little. Whatever direction you go, it's very easy. I'd never done it before and didn't have any issues.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LoWeLL216
Not sure if you're looking for wiring information or the gauge install itself. As far as wiring most have a harness that runs from whatever you're measuring to the gauge. You pretty much just connect the harness and then wire in a ground and switched power. As far as mounting the gauge, it depends (obviously) what size and shape it is. Some fit directly into the a/c vents, some use a gauge pillar / pods, and some fab up brackets. I know this really basic, but hope it helps a little. Whatever direction you go, it's very easy. I'd never done it before and didn't have any issues.
thanks for the info and reply. I didnt know if it was a difficult install or not