Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dtc 1153 and 1133, got a few ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 05:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default dtc 1153 and 1133, got a few ?

ok, i havent messed much with codes in quite a while since the car throws so many i just dont even worry about what they mean anymore

im trying to troubleshoot a friends truck that keeps throwing the 1153 and 1133 code. i seemd to remember that b2s1 meant rear sensor driver side but now im told that b2 is the front sensors? crap i dont remember, so which is it

he had the bosch sensors, stock sensors and now put the vette sensors on there and still getting this code. wtf else is there to do?
Old 07-26-2006, 05:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SMOKIN01TA
im trying to troubleshoot a friends truck that keeps throwing the 1153 and 1133 code. i seemd to remember that b2s1 meant rear sensor driver side but now im told that b2 is the front sensors? crap i dont remember, so which is it he had the bosch sensors, stock sensors and now put the vette sensors on there and still getting this code. wtf else is there to do?
That O2 is front pass side. I had the same problem and I installed the bosch 13111 (rear vet O2's) and my code did not return. The tune could also be too rich. I had that problem long time ago.

Good luck.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Bowling; 07-26-2006 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

B2S1- Bank 2 (pass. side) Sensor 1 (front)
Old 07-28-2006, 09:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Does your friend's truck have long tube headers? This is a very common code due the o2 sensors not heating up as quick as they did before with the stock exhuast/manifold. Before they heat up and start switching, the 02's are very lazy or sometimes dormant and this when this code is thrown. However, they will start switching again at part throttle. I have seen this happened on many vehicles. Find out if the 02's switch at part throttle and if they do, I would not warry about it since it's not costing mpg or power. Don't consider changing 02's again because these codes will be there again. Just delete them and you should be fine.
Originally Posted by SMOKIN01TA
ok, i havent messed much with codes in quite a while since the car throws so many i just dont even worry about what they mean anymore

im trying to troubleshoot a friends truck that keeps throwing the 1153 and 1133 code. i seemd to remember that b2s1 meant rear sensor driver side but now im told that b2 is the front sensors? crap i dont remember, so which is it

he had the bosch sensors, stock sensors and now put the vette sensors on there and still getting this code. wtf else is there to do?
Old 10-11-2006, 10:37 AM
11 Second Club

Rodney I am having the same problem as well I changed the o2s and the code is still there. I am going to wrap my header collectors to see if it helps. call me if you have some questions.