Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need a little help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a little help!

I keep getting this code and I really dont know what it means but I put a post up here a while ago and someone told me to put some Z06 O2 sensors on my truck and that would fix the problem but it didnt. I put the universal sensors on last night and its still throwing the code so any other suggestions would be appreciated. The code is P1153 Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) insufficient switching bank 2 sensor 1 (Front Bank) so if anyone could help that would be great cuz I gotta get a new inspection sticker this week and I cant with this going on. Could this be caused by a leak in the exhaust because I do have a small leak where my Y-pipe meets the headers?
Old 07-26-2006, 01:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the sensors are before the leak I would ge the leak sorted first.

When I installed my headers I got the heater error code, just deleted the code from the PCM. I can see the O2's switching okay when its warmed up. Its just where they are further downstream they dont heat up to operating temperature as quick as PCM wants them too.

I heard that rear corvette sensors have a stronger heater in them, also a longer cable.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I have the front sensors on the headers then the y-pipe hooked to the headers and I think just the driver side is leaking but its not leaking a whole lot or at least it doesnt sound like it is. Does that matter if the leak is small or big?