Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI B5913 high octane table help

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFI B5913 high octane table help

I am new to EFI tuning. Have an 01 Vette, Lt's ,high flow cats, Borla cat backs, CAI, 160 thermo, Descreened MAF, 6 speed, EFILIVE scan and tune, 100 wet shot N02. My question is in the B5913 high octane table I need to drop timing 4 degree's for the 100 wet shot at WOT. I'm not exactly sure from what RPM range to change cells and what the values needed to change. Do I change the cells at a percentage,
or (-4) from the selected cells? I hope this is not a stupid question but, I've posted on EFILIVE and CF Forums with no response. I don't want to try the NO2 until the timing is taken out the 4 degrees, afraid of detonation. I don't beleive I need to change the AFR being it is a wet shot and will be adding fuel
along with the NO2. I know I will be needing a wideband as soon as my funds allow me then I can monitor the actual AFR. Any help appriciated.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just lower all of the cells from .76 to 1.00 across the whole rpm range.

You should check a WOT pass with a WB to make sure that your AFR is ok and that you don't have to go larger or smaller on the jet sizing.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:30 PM
Teching In

Thank you for the info I've been asking around for a week I post on here and get some info right off.. I will be getting the wideband next, you're right I may need to use a 150 shot fuel nozzle, 100 shot NO2 , or so on, depending on the actual AFR at WOT during the shot, making sure I'm not too lean, of course need to watch for too rich also , don't want a NO2 backfire I know I have alot of reading up to do , logging , experimenting etc. Stuff I want to learn so I can keep my car tuned or eventually help others , I did do a search first on the high octane table but, didn't find anything specific to my question, so thanks once again!
Old 08-06-2006, 11:51 PM
Restricted User

You may also want to check out EFILive's custom OS for nitrous. It has extra features to control fuel and spark hooked up to your nitrous switch.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=2599

Regards
Paul

Quick Reply: EFI B5913 high octane table help