PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what tuning changes are needed after putting headers on the car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what tuning changes are needed after putting headers on the car?

i have tuner cat for my computer and i have played around a little bit with it while my car was stock but now i am not sure what to do... i just put a set of MAC's, OR-Y and CAI on my car and i am not sure if i have to re-tune my car. the only thing i did while the car was stock was modify the WOT (wide open throttle) tune by advancing the timing about 1.5 deg... should i adjust the A/F ratio in WOT now since i have the headers etc.? i was just wondering what tune works well for my mods. thanks for any help that anyone can offer.

dan
Old 08-08-2006, 03:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Log and see how your LTFT's come out, that will show you the direction you need to go.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

what are LTFT's?
Old 08-08-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Long term fuel trims.I would start by reading some of the tuning stickies..Once you get the hang of it,its very simple.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:59 PM
TECH Resident

Alvin up here on these boards uses and loves tunercat, PM him (Alvin is his name) and ask him for the basics.
IDK much about tunercat but use their Scantool or their logging tool and LTFT's are your Long Term Fuel Trims.
In Closed loop (normal operation of your car when you buy it off the showroom floor along with a lot of other cars also) your fuel at part throttle (below 4,000rpm) is controlled by a blending of your VE and your MAF table. Which then the Long term fuel trims add or take away fuel to achieve a ~14.7 AFR

above 4000rpm your MAF takes over and measures airflow and between that and your PE table (primary fueling table) it will determine your AFR at WOT

it would be a good idea to log your car as it is to see about Knock retard and other items such as your fuel trims
Old 08-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for the info guys.