PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone notice WOT shift failure issues with maxed MAF tables?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 06:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone notice WOT shift failure issues with maxed MAF tables?

Last year I was having issues with my car hitting the rev limiter and not wanting to shift to the next gear. The tranny was a FLP tranny so I had faith in it, but after exhausting my knowledge, I sent it back to be cleaned/inspected. It worked flawlessly while there. I finally got it to work by lowering the shift points A LOT. But looking at the logs, it failed to shift when the MAF lb/hr was pegged on the last cell in the tables.

This year, I installed a LS2 402. Now, I'm having the same issue again. It'll shoot right past the commanded shift point and bang the rev limiter. One thing I noticed about my HP Tuners log was that the car maxes the MAF tables (85mm MAF which I had a respected tuner calibrate/verify) at anything over ~5600 rpms. Also, when the MAF table maxes out, I can see it lean out ~0.5 (assuming dropping to VE tables), and you can see the rpms stop climbing hard and kinda start leveling out.

I think I'm going to spend the money and have a custom 90mm MAF built. My tuner told me he could get one built and send it out to a flowbench for accurate calibration tables for about $200-250.

If this fixes it, I'll post up the results. But for now I just wanted to throw it out for a conversation piece.