Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 motor ~> 01 pcm & harness

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 07:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98 motor ~> 01 pcm & harness

Hey guys, i'm swapping in an LS1 into my IROC. I bought a motor out of a wrecked 01 Camaro, now when i picked up the motor from the guy i ended up having an LS1 with 98 heads, LS6 intake, i dont no if the block is an 01 out of the car or a 98, i dont no the story behind the motor, if the previous owner blew up the 01 and swapped in a 98 with an ls6 intake on it, or if this is even the motor out of the car i thought i was getting, kind of a stupid situation. Well its my understanding there a few of the sensors were diff so i looked into it, i was told the coolant sensor on teh head would have 3 prongs if it were a 98, and 2 prongs if it were a 99+, i do have the 99+. Now the main concern, i dont no what computer and harness i have now, i'm assuming its the 01 computer and harness, Now i'm wondering is it possible for a 01 computer and harness to be used on the 98 motor? I do have a plastic gas tank and pump assembly out of the 01 car, not the metal as a 98 would have. thanks for any help in identifying any of this and the computer..

Mike