Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hp tuners for big Horse power

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 10:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hp tuners for big Horse power

I would like to know if running HP Tuners2 bar system and a driver box for 96lbs injectors will work efficently instead of going with BS3 and all the problems that comes with BS3?
Old 08-27-2006, 10:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are several of us making huge power. There is a guy in the forums on www.Efilive.com that is using those exact injectors and he is using the efilive custom OS5.

Im using the Custom Os 3 on my racecar and im over 1000hp with the factory computer too.

Im not sure on the Hptuner one, as i have never used it. I just know that the EfiLive one has alot more options and tables for the custom Os systems. TPS vs Rpm is pretty cool.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:02 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,227 Likes on 782 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I have BS3, and I would say the downside of it is that my factory gauges don't work. You could keep the factory pcm and harness and just piggyback the BS3, I did not.

If I could do it all over again, I'd be interested in the 2/3 bar HPT, and my only concern would be how the big injectors are at idle, and the off-idle transition. But I am not a tuner.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:38 PM
FormerVendor

01Bird_of_Prey,

This one I tuned made the cover of GM High Tech (Feb 06) using our 3bar OS.
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com.../photo_01.html

That car was a blast to drive.

That is about as far as you can go with the high impedance injectors. You can get the low impedance injector drivers, but will need to make sure you do not go under the minimum pulse width specified by the injector manufacturer. Basically you can idle anywhere as long as you don't get into the range where the injector misfires...

Pro Stock John,
As for drivability, it went through the drive-thru just fine. Only issue was the guy on the other end had a little trouble hearing my order over the exhaust

We just got done fooling with a similar M6 setup last week. 750rwhp @13psi. The RTT option made the tuning much easier. It was nice to find the power peaks at various load levels and back down a bit for safety.
I bet you could talk Keith into tuning your setup for a pizza and beer

-Ken
Old 08-28-2006, 01:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

i remember seeing that car at the shop. that thing is awsome.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:31 PM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default ....

we have two here in texas I worked on pushing right about 1000 each with HPT 3 bar.

Originally Posted by 01Bird_of_Prey
I would like to know if running HP Tuners2 bar system and a driver box for 96lbs injectors will work efficently instead of going with BS3 and all the problems that comes with BS3?