Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a few quick questions..

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default a few quick questions..

ok ive been wanting to learn about PCM tuning for a while now but had no clue on how to do it...

i just had my car tuned and it actually didnt seem to complicated to go about basic tuning and adjustments....

i was looking at purchasing HP tuners but i am slightly confused on how the CREDITS work...

do u only need 2 credits per 98-02 fbody or can it take 5 or 6 credits for a single car...

i kinda just wanted to learn it and hook my friends up with the basics !CAGS, air/egr code removal, rear o2 code removal, !trac control, fan turn on temps, redline rpm's, shift points and line pressure along with kick down points.. how many credits would this be per car???

i really wanted to get this but since my car is already dyno and street tuned, and a re-tune is alot less then the program and hardware, would it be worth it?....

EDIT: can M6 98-02 fbodys have a 2 stage red line with just HPtuners (ex.. a lower one for launching and the normal rev limiter??)

Last edited by presto_z; 12-02-2006 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

do u only need 2 credits per 98-02 fbody or can it take 5 or 6 credits for a single car...
2 credits for a single pcm lock...meaning you'll be able to tune that pcm an unlimited amount of times.

i kinda just wanted to learn it and hook my friends up with the basics !CAGS, air/egr code removal, rear o2 code removal, !trac control, fan turn on temps, redline rpm's, shift points and line pressure along with kick down points.. how many credits would this be per car???
2 credits per car unless you opt for the year/model license and your initial purchase comes with 8 credits so you could tune up to 4 individual cars with no further cash outlay...keep in mind everytime you tune a car it will ask you if you want to use the upgrade path for the year/model license.

i really wanted to get this but since my car is already dyno and street tuned, and a re-tune is alot less then the program and hardware, would it be worth it?....
Its really up to you in the end, I always consider tuning software the best money I ever spent though, not only does it grow with your current car in that the more mods you install or upgrade it can tune for them, it will also grow with you in the future...with so many supported vehicles they'll probably have you covered for any future gm vehicle you buy.

EDIT: can M6 98-02 fbodys have a 2 stage red line with just HPtuners (ex.. a lower one for launching and the normal rev limiter??)
some have used it with minor success...i think Alvin posted how to do it if you want to do a search on his user name.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey thanks alot for the info...

so only 2 credits per car... ohh i gotta get this now...
i have a friend with a similar program in his.....brase your self.............toyota corolla (i was friends with him befor he got the car)........ and he is a computer genious.. he kinda talked me into getting this, and was showing me how "easy" it was, and was trying to explain every thing to me....

obviously the cars are way diffrent but the tuning should be similar and he said he could have me doing all he basics in no time....

he said his tuning system had alot of wiring and that this one would be way easier to start off since there is no "hard wiring"....

are there alot of people out there that are running with their laptops in their car 24/7?...

i may do this but not sure