Sponsored by:

Hp Tuners, Manual?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 01:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hp Tuners, Manual?

Hi guys:

after getting my HP tuners, and trying many tuning combos, some copied some averaged, some.... wild gess....
Ive managed to "improve" the vehaviour of my car, non the less I still wonder what Keith was thinking when he whrote the program requirements, I mean a little deeper explanation of each "changeable" table or parameter, what hapen if this goes up or goes down.....
I still did not receive my books I ordered ( I hope the info they contain relates to the names used in HP for the tables or parameters)

I have a friend who is a rocket cientist... Really!
he is Don Edberg, senior sientist for Space dept for Mc.Donnel Douglas, also he is an official pilot for Glider competiotion for Futaba corp. (Radio Control airplanes), and he has developed the manuals for most of their advanced radios...
so he`s very into tech to a plain language type of manuals...

again kudos to Keith Prociuk, for having the patience, of well..... the MVPI unit!
Old 09-08-2006, 01:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most of the tables are explained pretty well IMHO...are there any specific ones you dont understand?
Old 09-08-2006, 01:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thing to remember is it's hard to make a manual for this type of application... too many variables... the way the rest of us have all learned is just trial and error, and read read read (this forum and the HP Tuners forum are a wealth of information)

Alot of the OBDII/tuning books out there don't really cover specific tables... but go over the large concepts instead (if you don't have a good understanding of how EFI works then they're invaluable as they explain how the different sensors work and such)

Also keep in mind most of the tables we have access to in HPT there's never a need to change them... but between the help files that it includes and the description that appears on mouse over... alot of the items are pretty descriptive
Old 09-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had very good experience using HPTS, basically copied one from one already posted in the site, of course using some common sense is some values (i.e. lowering the rpm from 17,000 to 6400.... ops sorry, reading the r6 manual!!!) and in some cases adding a little here, taking a lot there, basically my car is much better now than the stock tuning. However there are some tables and some groups of tables that need allitle more info, the adaptive iddle is one example, all cells and variables indicate (logically) a fast reaction time and low rpm thru the driving, unfortunatelly the car stills wants to remain @ 1400rpm until speed is bellow 10Kmph, AND THEN, it starts with the decay in mixture, adv and IAC. (I remember you that all parameters in the tables say the oposite at wheat hes doing), today I tried to disconect the spedo.... VOILA.... no surging, no speeding, no chasing the tach..... unfortunatelly this practice (unableing the adaptive iddle) is like having a very nice, coolest refrigerator.... and not using the fridge.....

it is true that tuning for max efort, WOT is about 1/10, to tune for STREETABILITY, and good manners when going 1500 rpm, very gently using the gas pedal, very polite and silently blending in the Hiway trafic....NOT SHAKING LIKE A PAINT MIXER! AND NOT SEEING THE OLD LADY IN THE BACK CAR CRYING BECAUSE OF SO MUCH RAW GAS.

Ill keep reading! Thanks you guys
Old 09-11-2006, 06:12 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thats where forums like this and personal experiences come in more handy then a manual...sometimes there is no right or wrong answer to things.

Quick Reply: Hp Tuners, Manual?