Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hptuners and some questions concerning turbos

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 09:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default hptuners and some questions concerning turbos

I like the hp tuners has map sensor options.Might want to go speed density at some point.
I currently am used to tuning with a dsm software program called DSMLINK.
Its a nice program and has some really good features.

A few of them are stutterbox launch or two step..its basically same thing .It helps you build boost at the line .And something even better for building big boost at the line called antilag.It has clutch wire option for no lift to shift
feature and has quite a bit of nitrous control thru software in terms of turn on and off time no nitrous timing retard but that feature is likely coming.
It has some phantom knock elimination stuff in there as well.

So how does hptuners compare.Does it have two step or stutterbox or antilag options? Can it window switch nitrous or does it have any nitrous controls like timing retard,etc? Any knock retard control? And out of 10 for max hard to learn and use what would you rate it for the average guy that has basic grasp of tuning from my previous ls1s and lt1s and dsms.Most tuning on my ls1 and lt1 have been with maf translator and scanners though.

Or should I be looking at a different tuning setup for twin turbo 99 project.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Big Stuff 3 has a built in 2-step. HPTuners does not. I know there are a few people on the board running aftermarket 2-steps. I think Harlan makes one as well as Synergy?

Good luck
Andy

Quick Reply: hptuners and some questions concerning turbos