Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calibrating WBO2 with LC-1

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 03:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calibrating WBO2 with LC-1

I have a feeling that the free air calibration isn't that accurate because the housing isn't grounded to the car and the wbo2 sensor does not have the huge copper heat sink on it that I have, which should affect warmup. So... does anyone think it would be ok to turn on DFCO, accelerate, let off for a few seconds, push the calibrate button and stay out of the gas until it comes back on solid? My car has DFCO, but no airpump(I think). 2005 GTO LS2 A4.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The WBO should already have a ground [thru the heater ground wire].

No, that's not ok to do that.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you're just speaking of the free air calibration, I'd do it with the car off. Last time I tried it the way you mentioned, it gave false readings until I recalibrated after the car was off for several hours. I've seen some people say turn the key on and wait for the sensor to warm up and check to see if logworks reports 20.9 but I don't know how much truth there is to that.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Last calibration, I left it in the pipe and shop vac'd the tailpipe for a couple minutes. Not running, it is reading a solid 20.9 and is working ok.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:34 PM
TECH Addict

I get a 20.9% O2 reading on my LM-1 when DFCO has kicked in for 4~5 seconds. I thought about recalibrating this way, but haven't tried it yet. I would assume if you were going fast enough and could keep the car in DFCO long enough, it would be fine since the engine is just an air pump in that state. A nice long downhill on a highway would be great for this if you were to try it.