Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cab't re-enable closed loop after tuning

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cab't re-enable closed loop after tuning

I use EFI Live and after having recalibrated my VE tables in open loop, speed density mode I re-enabled the LTFT parameter to see how my LTFT's were doing. I noticed that there was no data in the cells of the LTFT map as I logged the data even though there were data counts. The MAF sensor by the way is disabled so I'm in closed loop, speed density mode. I've checked the tables in the tune file to make sure that I had enabled LTFT learning and also reset engine coolant temperature table for enabling closed loop operation. Commanded and WB02 AFR's are very close. I've gone back through the tune tables to make sure I didn't miss something but can't find anything wrong. Anyone have any idea why I can't get an LTFT readings?

Old 09-17-2006, 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

Are you getting any short term fuel trims? Have you changed the temp setting for the LTFT enabled table back to stock?
Old 09-18-2006, 08:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

SD mode is open loop BTW.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:13 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
SD mode is open loop BTW.

This is incorrect. SD mode can be open or closed loop as far as the computer is concerned
Old 09-18-2006, 09:14 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by vetpet
I use EFI Live and after having recalibrated my VE tables in open loop, speed density mode I re-enabled the LTFT parameter to see how my LTFT's were doing. I noticed that there was no data in the cells of the LTFT map as I logged the data even though there were data counts. The MAF sensor by the way is disabled so I'm in closed loop, speed density mode. I've checked the tables in the tune file to make sure that I had enabled LTFT learning and also reset engine coolant temperature table for enabling closed loop operation. Commanded and WB02 AFR's are very close. I've gone back through the tune tables to make sure I didn't miss something but can't find anything wrong. Anyone have any idea why I can't get an LTFT readings?

What are the values for B3801 and B3802
Old 09-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Teching In

B3801 = Enable, B3802 = 55. MAF is disabled. Closed Loop Temp Enable B4205 is set to it's original settings before open loop tuning.