Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTO PCM with F-body harness?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 02:11 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTO PCM with F-body harness?

Will an '04 GTO PCM work with a wiring harness from say an '02 F-body? Also, the PCM comes from STS with one of their turbo kits with a pre-installed tune. There wouldn't be anything on there that would preclude me from writing over this tune with something completely different to be able to use it on something else, right?
Old 09-22-2006, 08:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a GTO uses a Green/Blue pcm 1mb, where the f-car is a red/blue pcm, 512K, so you can't swap them.

Ryan
Old 09-22-2006, 11:18 AM
Launching!

What about the wiring harness itself? Basically, I'm doing a retrofit of an LSx motor into another car and want to know if I get an '04 GTO ECU that it will work with the wiring harness from another LSx based motor, more than likely I'll get a F-body wiring harness. Is the wiring between on the GTO so different that even modification to the wiring harness will still not make it work?
Old 09-22-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Quick Double Nickel
Will an '04 GTO PCM work with a wiring harness from say an '02 F-body? Also, the PCM comes from STS with one of their turbo kits with a pre-installed tune. There wouldn't be anything on there that would preclude me from writing over this tune with something completely different to be able to use it on something else, right?
if you bought their kit.. and they sold you the Nelson PCM swap tuning.. its NOT coming from STS.. you have to take YOUR PCM and send it to Nelson Performance.. he then writes the program in, then sends it back to you...

unless you made some other type of deal with STS.. the salesman dont tell you everything you need to know..
Old 09-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Launching!

Well, I didn't really buy the kit. I just saw someone who had the ECU from the kit with the Nelson tune on it for sale on another board and since I need a ECU for my retrofit install I just thought I might be able to buy the GTO ECU, but I wanted to make sure it was compatible with other wiring harnesses and could be overwritten again. I will likely get a harness from a F-body and just have Speartech make it work, but I wanted to make sure the GTO ECU can work with other wiring harnesses.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:36 PM
TECH Addict

its different.. dont use it..

Nelson is cheap enough for a tune.. just have your stock one re-programmed by him.. probably cost you less than you can buy this GTO one.. the GTO has different engine perameters, and pin-outs and connectors

STS over charges for what they sell.. especially the nelson tune.. they charge 600$.. Nelson keeps about 300$ of that.. so .. there ya go

and a side note.. you shouldnt use someone elses tune(which is for a different car) for yourself.. you dont know what the guy had programmed in, because Nelson customizes each one for what the car is, what turbo, what injectors, what boost.. ect.. you're buying a bag of worms
Old 09-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Launching!

That's what I needed to know. The GTO has different pin-outs and connectors so it won't work. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: GTO PCM with F-body harness?