PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with stalling/bucking on decell.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with stalling/bucking on decell.

I have a 02 corvette and i have been having some problems with the car wanting to jerk/buck are what ever you want to call it when you are running say 65 and just back off on the throttle some but not all of the way and it will also try to stall if you are running 75 and hit a off ramp and then have to stop at the light and the end of the ramp could all of this be caused by the map sensor.
I have cleaned the MAF sensor and made sure there are no leaks between the maf and the throttle body could it be the change in pressure in the intake that is causeing the map sensor to try to stall the car are cause it to jerk and buck when you let off of the gas at crusing speed.

The car has no codes and it is at the dealer now and they could make it do the same thing i am talking about but have no clue on what could be causing this problem.

By the way all of this seem to start around the same time i put a tiger shark frontend on my car which lets in a tremdous amount of air around the slp blackwing filter.

Thanks
Old 10-10-2006, 10:00 AM
Teching In

Could the map sensor be causeing this problem anyone?
Old 10-10-2006, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

You've got a catback, ram air kit and dyno tune? I'd say check over the basic maintenance procedures. Chances are, it's something mechanical unless the tuner went bolistic in the tune. Any codes popping up? SES light? If not, try changing the fuel filter, plugs and cleaning the MAF sensor. I would think a bad MAP sensor would throw a code...unless the tuner turned it off.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:15 PM
JJB
TECH Apprentice

knock sensors can be causing same symptoms