PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

What would cause 4 lights to be on at once? Brake, Service vehicle, TCS OFF, and ABS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What would cause 4 lights to be on at once? Brake, Service vehicle, TCS OFF, and ABS?

Basically i started my car and ABS INOB, Service vehicle, Emergency BRAKE and ASR OFF lights were all on and stayed on? Im gonna have my car scanned, but any ideas of what would cause it? I started it up again later and no lights, but im guessing it set a code, seems like something obvious if it lit up 4 warning lights.

2000 z28
Old 10-10-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a brake problem.

TCS will come on with a brake issue, ASR will come on with a brake issue, and service vehicle, not sure, maybe with an ABS brake issue.

When was your last dyno, a loose wheel connector, can cause some odd things to happen.

Ryan
Old 10-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Do you have a 3 channel setup or a 4ch? TCS or no TCS? You can have all these lights and a common scanner will not show any codes. They are all brake controller/abs module related. A Tech2 can and will reveal the fault. Wiring, as stated before would be the first place I would check. If you were to unplug the ABS module on a otherwise working system you would get the same indications. Ultimately, the module could concieveably go bad but I wouldn't shotgun that unless a Tech2 told me to. Good luck. If the problem does turn out to be your abs module and you don't have TCS and want to keep abs pm me, I recently deleted my abs for a line lock, and proportioning valve which by the way I think should have come with the car stock
Old 10-11-2006, 06:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i have ASR/TCS, same thing. Haven't dynoed or anything. Basically i have been hearing a bearing type noise out the back for the last month or so, not sure if related or not. I hope its not electrical and its a cut and dry thing if you know what i mean. Someone else had the same problem and turned out to be a speed sensor. When i did drive back home, no lights are on. Ill let you know what if anything my mechanic finds.